C9300X warm spare VRRP feature available

Solved
Rayw
Here to help

C9300X warm spare VRRP feature available

Hello, I have a need on two C9300X-24Y to turn on warm spare VRRP feature for redundancy with Layer 3 routing.  Does anyone know when warm spare will be supported on the C9300X?  Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm, it's not visible on the beta releases yet.. could be a while off.
Don't you have any option to use stacking on both 24Y's?

In case you need advanced features not yet available on the Meraki side it migh be an idea to have the switches in Catalyst DNA mode and Meraki monitoring.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm, it's not visible on the beta releases yet.. could be a while off.
Don't you have any option to use stacking on both 24Y's?

In case you need advanced features not yet available on the Meraki side it migh be an idea to have the switches in Catalyst DNA mode and Meraki monitoring.

The two 24Y's are in separate Data Centers on the same campus with single mode fiber between the two data centers.  I don't think it is possible to stack the two 24Ys across fiber. Please correct me if I am wrong.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Alas you can't.  For that you would need a C9500 with Stackwise virtual.
I don't have any customers with a full 3-tier network topology so all of them use collapsed core simplified campus architecture.  So the choice between C9500 and C9300 usually comes down to the fact if both collapsed core switches reside in the same closet or in different closets.  That and the fact that C9500 supports ISSU 😉

I believe you'll have to be on the lookout for the IOS XE 17.15 release on Meraki before having access to these features.  So at this time you will be a little stuck on a single coreswitch for routing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels