Adding Voice VLANS to multiple Ports at once

SOLVED
trunolimit
Building a reputation

Adding Voice VLANS to multiple Ports at once

I miss the old days where I could just enter stuff into an excel sheet and then just copy paste an entire config into a terminal window.

Any who, I've got about 5 switches with about 24 ports each that need to add a voice VLAN to each port. Is there a way to do it that doesn't involve me going into the details menu of each port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Go to " Switchports " menu. From there you can select as many ports from whichever switches you have and do your edits.

generalroutes.PNG

Enthusiast

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Go to " Switchports " menu. From there you can select as many ports from whichever switches you have and do your edits.

generalroutes.PNG

Enthusiast
trunolimit
Building a reputation

Is there something I'm missing because that's the first thing I tried and I don't see the ability to manipulate multiple VLANs.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 12.42.14 PM.png

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Check the "Type" drop down list from there you can choose access or trunk then VLANs I believe. 

Enthusiast
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@trunolimit You maybe included some trunk ports in your selection? You can't add a voice VLAN to a trunk port, so that's why it's not visible. The "Type" field there says "Multiple Values" and type corresponds to access and trunk. Double check which ports you selected and make sure it's only access ports. 

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Now that is resolved, surely you don't miss the copy and paste in the terminal window anymore?
trunolimit
Building a reputation

I wish Meraki would let us have access to a CLI. choices is good. Or at least let us upload a config we can alter in text.

Someone on the reddit forums said you can use python scripts to do things via the API. I might make learning python my goal for this year. 

Nick
Head in the Cloud

I agree that it would be useful to pull and download configs etc
trunolimit
Building a reputation

I see what the issue was. There was a trunk port hidden within all the access ports. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels