Adaptive Policy - SGT transport not working between MX and C9300

Solved
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Adaptive Policy - SGT transport not working between MX and C9300

I am trying to get SGT transport working between an MX75 and a C9300.  It should be simple enough - but all packets get blocked when I try and enable it.

On the C9300 side I say the port is peer SGT capable.

PhilipDAth_0-1708580244227.png

On the MX75 LAN port, I do something similar.

PhilipDAth_1-1708580294081.png

Of note, the C9300 port configured for SGT peer transport frequently generates UDLD alerts.

PhilipDAth_2-1708580352284.png

I've tried several different firmware versions.  I've tried a support case (but they have now gone quiet).  Annoying, the MX does not seem to be able to do a packet capture of packets SGT tagged, so I can't even examine what is going wrong.

Anyone else got this working?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If anyone comes across this post in the future, the issue was with using VLAN1 as the native VLAN.  Changing the native VLAN (between the MX and the C9300) to anything other than 1 resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Tore
Getting noticed

Hi @PhilipDAth 

There are known issues with this, that I do believe dev is working hard to fix, given the push for getting customers to 18.2

Support Engineer should have info about this.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If anyone comes across this post in the future, the issue was with using VLAN1 as the native VLAN.  Changing the native VLAN (between the MX and the C9300) to anything other than 1 resolved the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels