AIR-AP3802I-E-K9/CAP2702E-E-K9 Denied power on MS355

Blake-Larkan
Comes here often

AIR-AP3802I-E-K9/CAP2702E-E-K9 Denied power on MS355

Performed a cut over from catalyst switches to Meraki MS355. The  catalyst switches had cisco AIR AP's connected which would be moved over to the MS355. Some of the AP's boot up when connected to the MS355 but every now and then some don't. Moved the uplinks from the AP's between uPOE and uPOE+ with no joy. Moved the uplinks from the AP's to a spare catalyst switch and they return online without any issues, although I do notice the ports auto neg to 100 instead of 1000, which does hit at a possible cable issue.

For a brief moment I can see the error on the switch stating "denied power". Currently, there is no way to manually set static power levels on the port level. Is there any known issues or any experience similar occurrences?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check it out.

Solved: PoE port was denied power - The Meraki Community

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

HI, unfortunately the switch does not show the port as orange indicating that there is at least a device connected to the port. It will briefly show the POE lightening symbol within the port but the port will still show nothing is connected to the port.

On the same switch there AIR-AP3802I-E-K9 and AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 connected. Port 13 and Port 15 are the connected and working AP's. Port 14 and Port 15 are where the other AIR-AP3802I-E-K9 & CAP2702E-E-K9 were connected to but did not power on from the port.

BlakeLarkan_0-1718004804647.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What does the switch event log say?

If you have the MS355 run a cable test on the port to the AP what does it say?

There is nothing in the logs pertaining to the ports where the AP's were connected to it.screenshot.jpg 

The switch was powered on, with all the uplinks connected prior. Ports 13 and 15 have AIR-AP3802I-E-K9 and AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 connected and working. Ports 14 and 16 were where the 2 previous AP's that didn't come online were connected.

I did not run a cable test during that time because they were up and working before I performed the cut over. I'll need to get back to you once I can try test this. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels