cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACL Limitations on MS425

Highlighted
Comes here often

ACL Limitations on MS425

I am curious if anyone has encountered the 128 ACL entry limit on the MS425.  I was installing a 425 Stack in a Datacenter, replacing a Cisco 3750 stack.   The MS425 stack was sold as a good, cost effective alternative.  When we began to add the ACLs for the 40 VLANS we have, we hit a limit of 128 ACL entries.  We have over 500 entries that need to be entered.  We have been working on consolidation, but this will only help a little.

Has anyone encountered this, or are we unique?  My employer has presence in several datacenters, and this limitation  is affecting our replacement plan.

Thanks,

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
Kind of a big deal

Re: ACL Limitations on MS425

Wow I haven't run into that one.  Considering the biggest MS425 has 32 ports, and you can stack them 8 high, you could end up with 256 ports.

It seems crazy you can have more ports than ACL rules.

Kind of a big deal

I would check with support and see if this is a "hard" limit, or a limit they can increase "behind the scenes".

Meraki Employee

Agree with @PhilipDAth to double check this with Support and ask them to confirm with Engineering, I believe the MS350 and MS400 platforms typically scale to 96k MAC entries and 4096 ACL entries.  I think an ACL limit of 128 entries is on the lower end MS120 models.  Perhaps >128 ACLs is a feature gate they need to enable when required, which may also give them the opportunity to catalog such use cases.  Also agree that I've only seen corner cases where 500+ ACL entries are required, usually it's either it's a genuine corner case or perhaps there's a more optimal design.  Dashboard makes it fairly simple to manage ACLs but 500+ is cumbersome no matter what 🙂  Share your use case with your Meraki (or Meraki Partner) sales team as well.

Comes here often

Thanks guys for the responses... Support has told me that 128 is a hard limit, but that they have sent it to the Developers to look at. If i am able to give them time, they may be able to help.
New here

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I can't add more than 128 ACLs, that's a big problem. 

I'm trying to find a solution with meraki support but for the moment is not an option. Someone have been add more ACLs?

This is a big issue on MS425 and a big limitation that I don't understand. There is no information about it on datasheet.

Someone have find a solution?

Thanks in advance, regards.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.