A power supply is offline alert

Lourdes
Getting noticed

A power supply is offline alert

Hi everyone, can anybody help me?

We are getting an alert at one of our Meraki switches. It says, " A power supply is offline". We check the status of the power module and perform L1 troubleshooting such as, rebooting the device, changing the power supply, changing the power module, and adding another power module. But unfortunately, we are still getting the same error. But physically, the switch is powered on and working fine. Is this a bug or something?

Lourdes_0-1688544889871.png

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yup, I did open a case. Just asking here if anyone has the same experience and might know the answer. 

lisacoody
Conversationalist

I'm having the same issue with an MS250-24P. I tried inserting a brand new power supply; same problem. Even with two power supplies, I have the same issue. An IP phone plugged into the switch will not power on but otherwise the switch appears to be working properly.

I just submitted a support ticket. Did you get your issue resolved?

No, not yet. It is still on their dev team. 

lisacoody
Conversationalist

Meraki RMA'd my switch and replaced it with a new one that is working great.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels