9300-M Can't connect to dashboard

CRGTechnology
Conversationalist

9300-M Can't connect to dashboard

Hi all, 

I have a  new 9300-M that can't connect to dashboard, I can see the solid Blue LED and Solid Amber indicates this. it is patched into mx67 and I can see it has been issued and IP address from the MX. I also have a 9166 AP patched into the 9300-m and its connects and provisions with no issues. I have factory reset it twice now with no change. This is a simple lab setup and all other devices connect to dashboard no problem. Any idea's ?

Thank You, 

6 Replies 6
CRGTechnology
Conversationalist

Solved! Renewed the DHCP lease and it then managed to connect after about 20 min and a firmware upgrade 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have the time, can you try pressing the mode button on the front for about 5 seconds?  When I did this on a pair of C9300-48UXM-Ms and they crashed, requiring the 21 seconds press to get them working again.  It would be interesting to see if it was just a bug with mine (running 16.7).

CRGTechnology
Conversationalist

I am on CS16.8 but I can confirm that caused the switch to reset and it took about 10min to go through what is pretty much the same as a factory reset process. 

Held the mode button for 5 seconds, blue LED flashing & System LED flashing amber then all ports lost power and switch has started to reboot. After about 10min the switch is back online but without a 21 second reset.

I do recall when it was on 16.7 and I struggled to get it to connect to dashboard I had to factory reset it twice and also held for 5 seconds and it needed a full reboot. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Excellent, sounds like 16.8 might have fixed the issue I saw where the 5 min push crashed the switch and even a power lead pull wouldn’t recover it.  To do a factory reset you need to press the mode button for at least 21 seconds…

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The C9300M can take 15 minutes to boot and come online during normal operation.  If they have a firmware upgrade and another reboot to do, well ...

With the C9300M, I would plug it in before you need it and leave it 24 hours to complete everything it needs to do.  The chances are, it just needs more time.

Agreed! This was the first one I have tested and after ignoring it for a while, it sorted itself out eventually. Up and running perfectly now. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels