2 switches show healthy on local status, but dashboard shows green/connect nothing else.

SOLVED
johnjutte
Here to help

2 switches show healthy on local status, but dashboard shows green/connect nothing else.

MS125s connecting to MS425 as core switches. I have management vLAN and all IPs statically set. We have 14 switches in this location and I was trying finish deployment by installing the last 5 today. First 3 went normally, connect them to network, let them boot, reboot, and then plug in everything else. By the time that's done, I check the dashboard and can see the switch is online with the right IP and ports are showing up. No problem. 

Well, the 2nd to last switch does it's thing shows green on dashboard, but nothing else. No port information, never shows RSTP Root, never updates the IP... but it's working. vLANs are working, clients are getting IPs and connecting fine, etc. I messed with it for a while - rebooting and trying different uplink ports. No change. I move on to the last switch (thinking if I stop watching the pot boil.. ) I get it online, see it's connected - same problem. 

Local status page shows Healthy, shows the proper IP, shows me port information... but dashboard is still not. I closed Chrome and went back in, no change. I have a case open, but was posting to see if anything else ran into this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Switches started showing in the dashboard normally sometime after 11p EST (2-3 hours after switches were connected). One switch claims a firmware reboot and both show 'bad gateway warning' for about minute at 11:01p before being solid green again. 

Support replied to my case at 11:44p to tell me every thing looked normal on their end [>: |]

It feels like something stuck on the server side as the switches were working just not updating the cloud or the cloud wasn't showing me the updates. I've never experienced anything like that without some kind of error or warning, and waiting hours for a device to propagate isn't normal. I know it can take 10-15 minutes sometimes, but never waited hours. I don't know and probably will never get anymore from Meraki. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
payne
Just browsing

I have the same thing with two MS-250 switches. Open ticket has never been resolved. I can do a soft reset and they briefly show data and port info but then it returns back to nothing shortly thereafter.

Switches started showing in the dashboard normally sometime after 11p EST (2-3 hours after switches were connected). One switch claims a firmware reboot and both show 'bad gateway warning' for about minute at 11:01p before being solid green again. 

Support replied to my case at 11:44p to tell me every thing looked normal on their end [>: |]

It feels like something stuck on the server side as the switches were working just not updating the cloud or the cloud wasn't showing me the updates. I've never experienced anything like that without some kind of error or warning, and waiting hours for a device to propagate isn't normal. I know it can take 10-15 minutes sometimes, but never waited hours. I don't know and probably will never get anymore from Meraki. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels