2 IP address

cavementech
Here to help

2 IP address

On several switchports, I have two IPs for the same MAC address. They have 0.0.0.0 and then the real IP that is associated with the device. I'm not sure why it is doing that or how to fix it.

The WAP has been plugged in and online for months. Everything is working and flowing traffic correctly, just seems like it should not be showing 0.0.0.0 on the port details.

cavementech_0-1688660329655.png

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you facing some issue? 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cavementech
Here to help

No, there are no issues. Everything is working properly, just trying to understand why it is populating 0.0.0.0 as well.

I think you need to wait some time. Some information take some time to update on the dashboard.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

cavementech
Here to help

This specific WAP has been in place for months. I'll continue to monitor it though. I have many switchports doing the same thing across my organization. Some have been in place for years.

Is the device an Access point? Is it receiving IP via DHCP?

cavementech
Here to help

This is a Meraki MR84 and is assigned a DHCP IP.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When booting , some Meraki devices like to use a combo of 0.0.0.0 or 6.x.x.x . That might be the case. Has the AP rebooted recently ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels