12.9 by accident - works great.

Brons2
Building a reputation

12.9 by accident - works great.

SOMEBODY (not me...) set the organizational settings to Try Beta Firmware to Yes, while I was out of pocket.

So the switch network upgraded itself to 12.9.

I had been holding on 10.45 due to issues experienced with 11.2x.

But I'm happy to report that 12.9 works fantastic for us, with none of the 11.2x issues that I experienced.  Like Cisco IP phones going inexplicably offline repeatedly.

And it has some neat new features, like when you click on a client it will show you the entire network path from edge to core, for AP clients.

I turned the Try Beta Firmware back to No, but I'm not going to let it roll back.  This firmware works good.  No issues.

3 REPLIES 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What switch models are you using, we have been running 12.9 on a stack of 210s and don't get the client path for wired clients?

Brons2
Building a reputation

You are correct, it's only for AP clients.  I changed my post.  Sorry about that, not sure how I missed that before.  I spend a lot more time scrutinizing wireless clients, which is probably why I erroneously assumed it applied to all clients.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It would be rather good if it did 😎

Hint, hint @Meraki 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels