Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weapon Detection - Interesting Read

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Weapon Detection - Interesting Read

Stumbled across this LinkedIn post.

"Using Cisco Meraki MV72 cameras, AWS Rekognition, and a python script, I was able to immediately detect both a "gun" and a "weapon."

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ugcPost-6575006323803471872-DN5K

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Weapon Detection - Interesting Read

The word "weapon" is a bit vague, that could mean a firearm, sword, knife, baseball bat etc.....

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I think in this example its 'gun' however still neato-bandito and just goes to show what capabilities you can achieve if you mix in some outside tech (non-meraki) like AWS Rekognition or whatever its called. 😃
TwitterLinkedIn
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

>The word "weapon" is a bit vague, that could mean a firearm, sword, knife, baseball bat etc.....

It recognises objects being used in a threatening manner.  So it is behaviour based.  That is why it is vague.

A pen might not be considered an assault weapon normally - unless you starting lunging with it towards a person.

Highlighted
Building a reputation

If it's detecting objects being used in a threatening manner I would also want to see a video showing something other than a gun. Going one step further, if the scripts could detect *any object*, then the reality is we don't need to detect the object but the behavior itself since the object (assuming there is one) is not of importance.

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

@NolanHerring do you have the link you can share?The Linkedin post is not working 😕

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I don't see it anymore either =(

I can't seem to find another link
TwitterLinkedIn
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.