Vision Video Wall Exit Fullscreen and Sign Out

tomday
Here to help

Vision Video Wall Exit Fullscreen and Sign Out

We have been using Vision in 2 locations, testing to see how it work etc. One location is an iMac, the other is a Mac Mini connected to a large screen TV. Utilizing  the video wall rotation feature, we are having mixed results as various times of the day the wall just stops rotating, exits full screen mode and I need to click the blue "Start" button again or the session completely signs out. I read in the documentation "No idle timeout in full-screen view"? I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome as well as the Chrome app. Can anyone advise on how they are making out with Vision and video walls  or what I can do to get these video walls to run constantly without interruption? I have a case open with support for over a week, no solution found yet.

thx, Tom

14 Replies 14
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't used the video walls in the way you are but at a guess there is probably a maximum session length on the dashboard. Have you spoken to support? 

Yes I have a case open but he has not been helpful. Responds every couple of days and suggestions are minor and do not help. In the documentation it states "No idle timeout in full-screen view"

@tomday If they are not helpful ask for the case to be re-assigned.

The device is not going to sleep is it? On the iMac make sure power nap is disabled. 

Definitely not going to sleep and powernap is not enabled. Thx I'll ask for the case to be reassigned!

Hi Blake,

Possibly try a Camera Only Admin user as opposed to using a Org / Network admin.

Network Wide -> Administration -- scroll down to Camera Only Admin

Just a shot in the dark if you haven't tried it.

Cheers,

Adrian

Geraldine
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @tomday ! Hope you're having a great week. We just released a new version of the Meraki Vision portal (v1.5.2) yesterday. Would you be able to update your app and see if this addresses your issue? Thank you! 

Thanks @Gerald verified I now have v1.5.2 installed and running our video wall rotation again, will check back in after it runs overnight to see if it is still running.

-Tom

Unfortunately this issue continues for me, after an undetermined amount of time the page just says "Reload", very frustrating.

Larry_Woods
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @tomday ....  version 1.6 just got released.  Try and see if this helps.  Would you mind reporting back with what you see after a few days?  

Will do, thanks @Larry_Woods . Looking to verify what version I am at but "About Meraki Vision" is grayed out?

Hey @tomday , the "What's New" button should give you that. If it isn't up to date, you will get an Update button next to it. Attaching a screenshot here!

What's NewWhat's New

What's NewWhat's New

Adding to what Vidhi is saying as well, some times the version can get cached and I have had to "hard refresh" my page by doing a CTRL + SHIFT + R .  By doing that it has helped me get or see the newer version depending on the computer/browser I am testing with.

VidhiRaval @Larry_Woods both tips very helpful, thanks. Currently running 1.6 and will report back.

Sadly, I let this run overnight, come in the next day and same issue, see attached photo.

reload screen.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.