Traffic Shapping for cameras

Julian
Getting noticed

Traffic Shapping for cameras

Hi, I have one branch office accessing to several cameras in other branch offices, they have a videowall with some cameras on live, Is possible to do a traffic shapping to move all camera traffic to a second wan? anyone knows the ports used by the cameras? or ip destinations on the meraki cloud?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'd put them in their own subnet, and then use the source IP subnet in the traffic shaping rule.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that in a failover scenario it may fall back to the other WAN connection.

Hi, thanks for the reply, that was my initial idea, but we have cameras in a lot of branch offices, some with a unique vlan and all cameras with dhcp. We can fix all the ip of the cameras and made by source one per one... but are a lot of manually work.  If is possible to identify the traffic can be more easy to implement.

Regards

Nash
Kind of a big deal

@Julian Any chance you've got more than just Meraki cameras on your networks? If so, you can script the creation of traffic shaping rules on Meraki MX on a per-IP basis if creating a separate vlan is really not going to happen. Just make sure you set DHCP reservations for the cameras.

If you're using AD DHCP for the cameras, then you can use PowerShell to build out a script to filter current leases for the active camera mac addresses, then create DHCP reservations for them.

I really would prefer a separate camera vlan, but I know how tiny offices go.

Julian
Getting noticed

we have more than 100 cameras on different offices, some offices with 10 or more cameras and a lot of computers but another little offices with two or three workstations and one or two cameras without remote IT hands, because that, create and maintain different vlans is too much.

I could try to do an script.. I'm going to check it.

thanks

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I'm sure this list changes all the time... But you could try Internet flow preferences based on this:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

image.png

Julian
Getting noticed

Thanks!! I'm going to try it...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.