2+ mins delay in live feed

DanielsUK
Just browsing

2+ mins delay in live feed

For the last few weeks I'm getting a 2 minute plus delay in the live feed, if I reboot the MV72 then the live feed is fine. Before and after screen shot below

Device is hardwired into a Cisco 2960 which is in turn is connected to MX65.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-07-06 at 14.16.00.pngAfter Reboot.png

11 Replies 11
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Probably the SmartCharging system delaying packets . . . 

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Are you accessing that feed locally or via the cloud? Is there a difference in the behavior between the two?

I'm accessing from the LAN, have tried from the Meraki IOS App on 4G and it's flakey, sometimes shows the feed (+2 mins delay) or says "video buffering"

timeshimanshu
Getting noticed

Have you tried to ping the camera ip and see the latency? is there any other device in the network having same issue?try to reset the camera and reconfigure it 

I've tried factory reset. The network is good too, no other devices have issues. I think the fact that I have to reboot it to fix it means its most likely something wrong with unit?Screenshot 2019-07-07 at 13.01.37.png

@DanielsUK wrote:

I think the fact that I have to reboot it to fix it means its most likely something wrong with unit?

Or, that there is a packet mis-match (or similar), and that it takes a certain amount of time for the buffers to fill and the problem to start all over again.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

@DanielsUK Is you PING the camera what result do you get?

EJN
A model citizen

You mentioned rebooting fixes the issue temporarily. Are you able to factory reset (erase all content and settings) and see if it makes a difference?

Submit a support case online and give them access to the camera.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

@DanielsUK can you ping the camera ip from local LAN not from the dashboard and share the response.

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 09.32.48.png

is the logs captured at the time when device is working normally? or when device have issue. ping logs looks fine.

if you captured the logs when device is having issue then raise a TAC case with Meraki i think there is some issue with the hardware. TAC will suggest you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.