SSL Certificate expiring

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

SSL Certificate expiring

I have an MV72 that our monitoring system has alerted that it's SSL certificate expires in 14 days. I am assuming this will auto renew.......

The FAQ state Additionally, cameras automatically purchase and provision their own publicly-signed SSL certificates upon initial boot up. Management data is encrypted as well. All encryption is turned on by default, and cannot be turned off.

Will the SSL cert renew if I reboot the camera?

5 REPLIES 5
AmyReyes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BlakeRichardson, this is a great question! Thanks for asking this here in the community. Yes, the SSL certs will autorenew when you reboot or update the cameras. I'll make a note to share this with the team so we can better reflect this in our documentation. Thanks again! 

janki_mehta
New here

Yes, the SSL certificate of the MV72 camera should automatically renew before it expires. The camera is designed to purchase and provision its own SSL certificate upon initial boot up, and this process includes automatic renewal to ensure continuous encryption and security. Rebooting the camera should not affect the automatic renewal process.

NituBisht
Just browsing

We know very well "MV72" refers to a specific Meraki product, likely its called security camera or network device. If the SSL certificate expiring for this device then you should be follow the Meraki's specific procedures for renewing SSL certificates.

You can follow this process or contact Meraki support for device-specific instructions.

1. Access the Meraki Dashboard
  2. Navigate to Security Appliance Settings
  3. Check Certificate Expiry
  4. Renewal through Meraki Dashboard
  5. Generate a New Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
  6. Submit CSR to Certificate Authority
  7. Complete Verification Steps
  8. Receive and Install the Renewed Certificate
  9. Verify Certificate Installation

Check this blog you get more ideas about this https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/MV_Smart_Camera_FAQ

ShivaNaidu
New here

Hello @BlakeRichardson,

The SSL certificate for the MV72 camera should automatically renew before it expires. The camera is programmed to purchase and provision its own SSL certificate upon initial boot-up, with automatic renewal to assure continuous encryption and security. The automated renewal process should be unaffected by a camera reboot.

To know more about the "SSL Certificate Price" please read this https://www.cheapsslshop.com/blog/how-much-does-an-ssl-certificate-cost

me_priya
New here

Absolutely, The SSL certificate for the MV72 camera is set to automatically renew before it reaches its expiration date. Upon the camera's initial boot-up, it is programmed to acquire and configure its own SSL certificate, ensuring uninterrupted encryption and security. This automated renewal process is designed to continue seamlessly even if the camera undergoes a reboot.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.