Request: Audio

Solved
ShaneMartin
Comes here often

Request: Audio

I won't be able to attend, but one of the biggest sticking points for the cameras for how we would like to use them is that they do not record audio.

We are a high school and having cameras in classrooms with audio recording would be a massive boon for us!

1 Accepted Solution
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

To @ShaneMartin:

Unfortunately this is not something we can do with the camera models we have today as they don't contain the hardware for a microphone or audio in/out. However, a number of customers have asked for this capability and we will investigate the functionality for future products.

One thing we are cautious of is how recording audio can have additional legal considerations depending on your jurisdiction. I would recommend checking your local statutes before deploying such technology.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

To @ShaneMartin:

Unfortunately this is not something we can do with the camera models we have today as they don't contain the hardware for a microphone or audio in/out. However, a number of customers have asked for this capability and we will investigate the functionality for future products.

One thing we are cautious of is how recording audio can have additional legal considerations depending on your jurisdiction. I would recommend checking your local statutes before deploying such technology.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.