---Rant--- User access denied message

Luke
Conversationalist

---Rant--- User access denied message

Why is it that after more than 3 months I am still having to recreate users accounts? I have a case over three months old at this point for an issue where users who have been setup and working randomly can no longer export video footage.  It gives them an error: access denied. The meraki "workaround" of creating new admin with Org privileges, give it camera-only rights from the network then removed org rights is not something that is sustainable. Oh and no ETA...

After checking with the backend team, the resolution has not been released they and they were not able to provide me with an ETA. For the affected users I recommend trying the workaround of creating new admin with Org privileges, give it camera-only rights from the network then removed org rights. If this workaround does not work please let me know.

Come on these are business systems, we require MFA for all users. So to make users setup all of this over and over again is just plain out ridiculous.

2 Replies 2
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Luke,

Mind dropping me a DM with the case number (if you have one)? I'm curious to review this one. If this is impacting day-to-day operations too, you can request an escalation for bug prioritisation (subject to review). 

Cheers,

Connor

Luke
Conversationalist

Hi @ConnorL DM sent with case information. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.