New MV Features (Advanced Analytics & Motion Alerts)

rachel
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

New MV Features (Advanced Analytics & Motion Alerts)

If you haven't already heard the news, we just released some really exciting MV features in the last couple of weeks. 

For MV12 users: advanced people-counting analytics using person detection/machine learning software.

For all MV users: motion alerts!

These have (by far) been two of the most widely requested features "wished for" in our make-a-wish tool. Has anybody had a chance to test one or both tools? We'd love to hear about your experience and some of your use cases!

11 REPLIES 11
TimHughSmith
Getting noticed

Motion detection working like a champ on our MV21!

Still waiting to get my hands on an MV12 to play with analytics 🙂

Cheers,

Tim

Great to hear @TimHughSmith thanks.  I just ran 2 live demos today of MV12 analytics and person detection, also working like a champ, you'll love it!

RichardH
Conversationalist

I enabled motion detection on my MV71 and it is fantastic. Just click on “view here” and it has the event loaded up and ready for viewing. Well done and thanks for listening to the user community!

wey2go
Getting noticed

Motion alerts is nice. Hope it can include direction of motion soon.

Just realised that people counting only available on MV12. Just unfortunate that we just deployed MV21.

AndreasK
Conversationalist

Hello,

this feature works really well on the MV12. But now we have a problem with privacy here in Austria. We are not allowed to store/show the faces on the video. So we tried to put some filters on the dome to make the faces irrecognizable. This works but now the camera does not count people. Do you know if it is possible to "hide" faces and count people?

Are there any solutions available?

Thanks for the information!

BR

Andreas

rachel
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andreas,

Right now we are not able to hide faces in our software, but it's a requirement we're aware of in some regions. We're exploring how we can make sure we comply to these standards but unfortunately it's not something we can support at this time. Please continue to provide this kind of feedback, though. It helps us understand what our roadmap should look like.

-Rachel

Laz_Mia
New here

MV Motion alerts are working great. However, can I kindly make a request. I would love to see a screen capture of the motion that triggered the alert. In addition to that, maybe add a longer threshold  for motion detection. We have our cameras setup in a collocation datacenter and every time the auto lights power on, it triggers an alert. Obviously I have to login every time to view the alert via browser or email. 

It it would be much more convenient to have a screenshot of the triggering event to reduce the amount of time of one having to go out to the link and review the even. 

Sincerly,

Laz

That would be awesome.

rachel
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Sounds like an awesome idea! We'll definitely keep this in mind as we continue with our product development. Thanks for the feedback!

wey2go
Getting noticed

Are these features coming to an outdoor MV model soon?
KarlH
Here to help

Hello Rachel,

Would you please explain how the MV12 anonymized person detection software works to detect a person or tell a person from other objects? 

I could not find the information in the article. Pointing me to an article is fine as well.

Thank you.

Karl

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.