Motion Recap Picture jpg vs png

SOLVED
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Motion Recap Picture jpg vs png

While I was experimenting with motion capture for some apparently unimportant contest, I found something which I think may be a bug. When I downloaded the motion capture images, they automatically get a .jpg extension. However the file itself is using the .png file format. While Windows seems to not care about this, other applications not so much. The photo upload here on the community for example throws a fit, as well as photo editing software on my PC.

Have any of you experienced the same? If yes, let me know so I can inform the product team about the bug.

Cheerz!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

image.png

Yup, I get the same. And oddly enough, the version of my YMCA Fail that I emailed to myself last night embedded in the body of the email seems to be recognized as PNG when I try and save it to my work laptop. So Outlook also sees this as a PNG. I agree: bug.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

image.png

Yup, I get the same. And oddly enough, the version of my YMCA Fail that I emailed to myself last night embedded in the body of the email seems to be recognized as PNG when I try and save it to my work laptop. So Outlook also sees this as a PNG. I agree: bug.

@GeorgeB Small bug report :).

Hopefully, the App will get some love and it will be possible to see a motion zoom snapshot within notifications. I really hope that Meraki are working on improving the video side of things! So much potential!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.