Motion Alert Issues

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Motion Alert Issues

I have recently setup motion alerts for a few cameras, the problem I am getting is every tiny little change in frame is sending an alerts through. I have done the below to try and mitigate the problem but I am still getting large amounts of motion alerts.

1. Set minimum event duration trigger to 5 seconds

2. Setup areas of interest. 

I have just enabled alert only on people detection to see if that makes any difference. If anyone has some fine tuning tips for MV cameras around motion detection I would love to hear.

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What is the sensitivity set at? If you lower the sensitivity it will help reduce the amount of alerts.

Larry_Woods
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Ryan is asking about Motion Sensitivity and that is where you can really narrow down the alerts.  

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Advanced_Configuration/Motion_Alerts#Motion_Sensitivity 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sensitivity was set at 100 which I am assuming is the default. My concern was that its detecting motion outside of the areas of interest, is this normal? 

For example I have created areas of interest that exclude things like trees and shrubs to avoid false positives however motion detecting was still picking up on the excluded areas. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.