Meraki MV12W with Python

yunusnihat
Here to help

Meraki MV12W with Python

Hi everybody,

I am working on Meraki MV12W camera. I want to process the images I received using the RTSP link I received from the MV12W interface in Python. I can watch the broadcast with cv2.imshow, but after a while the delay of the broadcast increases and after a while the fps drops too much. It even freezes after a while. What could be the reason for this?

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The RTSP stream from the Meraki MV12W camera has a limit of 2 connections. If more than 2 connections are trying to access the stream, it could cause issues.

MV12 external RTSP remote stream - The Meraki Community

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It may be that Python is not able to keep up with the frame rate and is getting behind.  What does the CPU on your machine show when it is doing this?

Try setting the "Video Quality" to standard to lower the frame rate to reduce the processing burden.

PhilipDAth_0-1709839789441.png

I tried standard video quality. Freezing decreased but but frames are still lagging behind. And it is problem for me. I am using CUDA for GPU. My GPU is 12 GB Nvidia GTX 1650Ti and just use %2 of GPU.

What is your CPU load like?

CPU load is nearly stable between %10 and %15.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.