Meraki Camera recording

Mahesh_Gaur
Here to help

Meraki Camera recording

Can I schedule Cisco Meraki Camera recoding and save on Public Cloud like AWS, Azure 

7 Replies 7
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not by itself.  The camera records locally, or optionally it can also record to the Meraki cloud. 

You can get an RSTP feed from the camera and then ingest that into any NVR system and then send to public cloud if you really need to.

@cmr 

is there any way to record local installed Meraki camera video on local storage of NVR without using RTSP?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only other possibility would be to video screen capture the webpage/app and store that, so not really!

WoW.. So i need to have separate WAN Link of 200 mb uplink/downlink to save recording of all MVs? As there are 200 MVs in place and takes 1mb per camera for upload... its bandwidth consuming even i use RTSP.. right ? 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to save all recordings externally, then yes you would need a link like that.  But that isn't the point of Meraki cameras.  Is there a requirement to have the footage saved off site, or do you just want it off site in case of an incident?

the issue is bandwidth, as i have only 100mb link for now... 

Duranc gateway can locally record all MV cameras and upload the 15/30 min video clips to the cloud

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.