MV72 Query

SOLVED
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MV72 Query

Random question but can someone please post a picture of the bottom of an MV72 camera. I have a feeling my installers might not have followed the instructions and butchered a new camera......

Google image search hasn't provided me any help.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's actually quite a bit different. The MV72 has a pig tail, so no need to route cable through housing. I suspect they took it apart? 🙂

MV72 bottom.jpg

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'll do you one better. Send them this:

Thanks @BrechtSchamp  but thats the wrong model. I am specifically an image of the back of a MV72

Oh I see, my bad!

I think it's pretty similar. The difference is that there's no turn to lock system to mount the camera to the mounting plate. The mounting pegs of the mouting plate are longer and actually protrude through the camera housing. They need to be secured with TX screws instead. Unfortunately I don't have an MV72 at hand, so I can't help you with a picture.

What do you think they did to butcher it?

It's actually quite a bit different. The MV72 has a pig tail, so no need to route cable through housing. I suspect they took it apart? 🙂

MV72 bottom.jpg

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Psssst, @BrechtSchamp I think you meant this video 😉

@jdsilva wrote:

Psssst, @BrechtSchamp I think you meant this video 😉

I didn't :P. Unfortunately It doesn't show the actual installation of the AP, nor the bottom of the camera. Only the gland.

I just got an MV72 the other day. I had to RMA it, no video at all =(

Still waiting for the new one. Thing is heavy and larger than I expected lol
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Also fun note, that waterproof ethernet guard thing only works for ethernet cables that have the short RJ45 adapter.

Any long ones that look nice won't fit.
TwitterLinkedIn

@NolanHerring wrote:
Also fun note, that waterproof ethernet guard thing only works for ethernet cables that have the short RJ45 adapter.

Any long ones that look nice won't fit.

Yeh I think they're really meant for when you are running new outdoor Cat cable and your cabling vendor is doing the termination (not on pre-made molded cables, which tend to be indoor anyway).

Thank you @DonAnnett . Yes they have butchered it. Mine now looks like this and has a few extra holes in it.....

IMG_0858.JPG

@BlakeRichardson wrote:

Thank you @DonAnnett . Yes they have butchered it. Mine now looks like this and has a few extra holes in it.....

Oh dear.

giphy

RMA it. "LED's don't blink" 😉

What were those holes supposed to be for lol. Mounting?
TwitterLinkedIn

@NolanHerring  Yes they didnt bother to read the instructions or look through the box so missed the mounting bracket. 

Expensive mistake on their part. 

But even then they could've used the holes that are already there... I really don't get it.

Neither do I. Either read the manual, Ask for help or turn the job down it as simple as that. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.