MV32 Replacement Dome Plastic

UndecidedMiddle
Comes here often

MV32 Replacement Dome Plastic

I have been hunting around but I am unable to find any replacement clear plastic domes. One of our MV32s was scratched by a vendor who was working in one of our locations. I need to see about buying just the plastic bubble protecting the camera. Where can I get a replacement?

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no option available, you need to request a RMA.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Are you saying Meraki would grant an RMA for a scratch on the lens cover?

I'm not sure if the warranty will cover it in this case, but I would open the ticket anyway.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

I have to ask: How is the process, whatever it is, not well defined and utilized regularly? Damage to the clear cover of security cameras isn't unusual and commonly resolved with a simple replacement of a known user-serviceable replacement part sold on the regular. I cannot imagine nor agree with the idea of two choices, if there even is the first choice:

1: Get it repaired/replaced under warranty or,

2: Be forced to buy a whole, new, expensive camera.

This is, frankly, mind-boggling in its insanity.

The process is the same as opening a support case via the dashboard. Support will direct you if they have a solution for your case.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@UndecidedMiddle I found the repair kit for an MV12 and it states that some of the parts can also be used for the MV32, but not the dome as the MV32 optical dome is not replaceable!

https://cloudcontrolled.uk/merakistore/product/meraki-replacement-mounting-kit-for-mv12/

I have a lot of cameras deployed across a lot of clients.  I've never had someone damage the camera cover.

This is an unusual event.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.