MV Dashboard Issues

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MV Dashboard Issues

I'm having a lot of problems using second generation MVs in the dashboard like the MV12.  The first generation are working fine.  This is using the current 3.33 firmware.  This is using Google Chrome.  I'm curious if others are having issues.

If you go Cameras/Video Wall and select a video wall with an MV12 (second generation) and an MV21 (first generation) and do a Motion search on the MV21 camera the search results come up saying "image failed to load".  This issue has been happening to me for a long time.

1.PNG

If you go Cameras/Cameras and select an MV12 and do a motion search it brings up a list of "Motion Recaps".  If you click on any of then the "Play Video" option pops up and then goes away, so you can't play the video.

If you change from "Motion Recap" view to "List" it brings up a list of the videos.  If you click on the video it frequently does not play the video.  If you click pause and then play it starts playing the video.  This only seems to be happening on the MV12.  Works perfectly on the MV21.

Everytime you play a video it changes the time period for the motion search.  So frequently you watch one video, play the next, but then can't go back to the original because the time search window has changed.  The issue does not happen when watching an MV21.  Just the MV12s.

2.PNG

When doing "Motion Searches" on the MV12 it is picking up periods where the video simply goes black.  Often for several seconds.  There is no other motion happening.

I'm thinking about putting the MV12 onto an MS port schedule and giving it a daily power cycle to see if the reliability improves.

Is anyone else having recent problems with their cameras?

8 REPLIES 8
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth  I have just tested using Chrome on my Mac using an MV72 and what you described works fine for me.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Try Incognito mode and see if it also does it.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Example of it might be a cache/cookies issue.

Your icon @PhilipDAth does not load for me anymore. If I go incognito, it does.

Untitled.jpg

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Priesty
Building a reputation

Same issue here mate, we get the image failed to load error as well. Logged the issue with Meraki support and the rep emailed me back asking "can you send me a screenshot of the error" - after bashing head against the desk, I replied with the text bolded "image failed to load". Anyway, I have vented now. 

Issues we are having 

- image failed to load

- some cameras will show black screen for about 2 minutes then image will come through.

- you click a video replay from motion recap and instead of playing the video the time selected, it will show the first 2 or 3 frames and repeat them. You have to pause and play the video to get it to actually play the video.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think I might try factory resetting one of the cameras to see if it makes a difference.

@PhilipDAth  most likely a silly question but have you tried a different browser, just wondering since you have that extension issue the other day if it could be browser related. 

Microsoft Edge doesn't work at all with Meraki cameras.  I'm not keen to install a third browser on my machine.

I have the same issue using Chrome on another machine.

2 days ago I removed the camera from the network, then removed it from the organisation, and then re-added it - causing the camera to wipe itself.

Half the issues have now gone away.  I haven't had any black video patches.  And the motion recap/play video option now works.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.