Locking rotation of MV.

wey2go
Getting noticed

Locking rotation of MV.

Is there anyway to lock the rotation of an MV? I am not sure why but one of my cameras kept getting rotated after a few days. Maybe another user with admin rights has rotated it.

Is there a way to lock it or at least pop-up prompt to confirm changes to the settings to avoid accidental changes to settings?

11 REPLIES 11
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any model of camera that Meraki has currently that supports PZT (rotation via controls). So it sounds like either gravity, or some sort of vibration is ever so slightly 'bumping' the position the camera is in and causing it to swivel little by little over time.

Not sure what model you have but I'm looking at an MV12W and it has torx bolts. You might want to have a look at tightening them. Its possible one of them is loosey goosey.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

No, not the PTZ or motorized rotation. I am referring to the 0° or 180° under the dashboard camera settings (together with "Optical Zoom", "Focus", "Aperture" and "Privacy Window").

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

lol boy did I miss the mark. Sorry I must have misread

I'm not sure of any way to lock it, especially if it is an admin doing it (which it must be right?). If someone has read-write access, there isn't a way to stop it.

What you can do is setup email alerting for when changes are made to a network and you can see who is doing it that way.

You can also go to ORG>CHANGE LOG and from there you should be able to see who and when if any changes were made.  I say 'if any' in the off-chance its being done because of a bug and not another admin.

TwitterLinkedIn

"Rotation" not logged or reported in Change Log.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Well hot diggity dog I'm not sure I have a solution for you lol.

At this point, I would do a review of who has admin access and basically just ask them to stop doing it.
TwitterLinkedIn
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you are sure this is not an admin, then I suggest you raise a support case in the event that this is not a user interaction, but an issue with the internal camera configuration which is reverting to a previous state and undoing the 0/180 degree rotation setting.

wey2go
Getting noticed

Support case has been raised but no suggestions as to why is this happening.

Happened again last night at 11:00:25 pm Dec 31st local time. Interesting thing is that it only happen to one of the 2 cameras at the same location. Same camera every time.

Case # 03440243.

I have the same issue with the MV12W.  My MV22 doesn't have that problem.

Priesty
Building a reputation

Funny you should bring this up because I have seen this happen to some of our cameras and no one has changed the settings, I personally think this could be a software bug @GeorgeB 

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

This is a known issue which I believe affects all models of cameras. Engineering thought it was fixed on 3.26 firmware but it's still happening. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Going to add my name in here. I set up an MV72 over the weekend and I'm having this problem. It was on 3.25 originally, and I upgraded to 3.27, but it's still happening. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.