Focusing using MV72 Camera

Quantum
Conversationalist

Focusing using MV72 Camera

I have 5 MV72 Cameras outside my Building, paid a lot for these cameras and I cant even focus on a License plate 50' away from the camera, Anyone have any help on this issue, or are these cameras just not good.

Quantum

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

What firmware you on? get to the latest if you're not on it. 

Quantum
Conversationalist

Thank you , yes Firmware is the latest version

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

A license plate 50' away may be a little ambitious... There's no license plates in the view of mine right now so I can't try and do the same thing. 

Quantum
Conversationalist

for the cost of these cameras, I would be embarrassed to not have that capability, i found 200.00 cameras that will zoom and focus on this exact detail.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you adjusted the zoom on the cameras?

I did, and Called Support on the phone and they accessed the cameras and Said its the best its going to be, But i cant believe that these cameras aren't capable of clear readable zooming

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've setup an MV72 at a range of about 15m and can keep the number plates ok.  I tested a snapshot with openalpr.com and it was able to recognise the number plate as well.

I can't decide if I should post the picture as it is not my number plate, so to err on the side of privacy and caution I have decided not to.

However below are the settings I changed.  I set:

• Optical zoom to the max at x2.
  • Aperture to about 50%.
  • Sensor crop to the region where I am most expecting to see number plates.
  • Then I used the "Focus on a specific area" option to focus on where I expected to see the number plate the most in the frame.

1.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.