Export Video - Error

SOLVED
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Export Video - Error

First time trying to export a video clip, and I'm getting retries and errors.

On the same network as the camera.

Any run into this before?

22222.jpg

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got it. so either something is blocking or redirecting as @PhilipDAth mentioned or check items like TCP/30001 outbound.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never exported video before except to play with.  I have found with some of the earlier cameras like the MV21 I have to give them a reboot every now and then to keep them working nicely.

So, I hate to say it, have you tried giving it a reboot?

I'll give that a shot

Its an MV12W for reference, and it is on 3.29
TwitterLinkedIn

Rebooted

Still no luck

bah humbug

8888.JPG

TwitterLinkedIn

I think I saw this issue when I first deployed our MV device. My solution was to reboot the camera device, log out of the Meraki dashboard, log in, and attempt to export.

I believe exports still go upstream to the cloud (and back down) even though you're local on the LAN. I would check outbound rules.

@NolanHerring is there at least 1Mbps of bandwidth, similar to the rule-of-thumb requirement when using MV Cloud Archive?  I've heard of a known issue where insufficient bandwidth can cause the export to fail before completion.  It's being looked into, I don't have a status.  If you're viewing video already, then I would not expect any firewall issue to be the cause, because the export is going to happen over the same TLS/SSL connection as your video when viewing via the cloud proxy, so I'd assume you've already got TCP/30001 open and working, so that's not related to exports failing.  My only guess might be limited bandwidth, but perhaps open a case, to confirm or deny you're hitting a known issue and if so perhaps get a timeframe update.

@MerakiDave 

We have 1Gbps symmetrical circuit here for Internet thankfully.

I've always viewed the feed with local LAN connection, as I'm on the same network/vlan (switch stack for that matter).

However I'm starting to lean towards firewall because I also found out that I am unable to get Cloud Proxy to load (so that I can view the camera feed from outside our network). Me thinks this is also causing an issue with the exportation process.

I'll have to hit up security team. 😃

Thanks !!

TwitterLinkedIn

You don't use a proxy server, Cisco umbrella, antivirus of anything else that redirects or intercepts the requests?

Got it. so either something is blocking or redirecting as @PhilipDAth mentioned or check items like TCP/30001 outbound.

Port 30001 was indeed being blocked, and just allowed it, now cloud proxy video stream works, and exporting video too.

Thanks again !
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.