Dome lens jammed?

MMorrow
New here

Dome lens jammed?

Have any of you had issues removing the domes after install?  I've got a camera not working and I cannot get it unmounted because the dome is jammed.

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the Camera model? Have you checked the installation manual?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

It's an MV12, and yes I've checked the installation manual.  The dome won't twist to come off.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I've had moments when I've had cameras jam and to avoid cracking anything I just RMA it because I notice it's just suppose to be an easy twist. I'm not sure what causes some of them to jam up that way. 

Enthusiast

That's the problem though, the security screw was installed, so I cannot unmount it without damaging it, or the ceiling it's attached to.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

😑so sorry, I thought you had this was already unmounted and it just couldn't twist off. 

Enthusiast
MMorrow
New here

I have managed to get it free ( had to tear apart the ceiling tile it was mounted on ) and get the dome removed.  There appears to be a rubber gasket on both the microphone and corresponding area of the dome that I think over the last couple years "stuck" together.  They are both deformed after removal with the camera side gasket pressing deeply into the dome side.

I would contact your account manager and support to explain the situation then RMA the unit. The reason I suggest keeping everyone in the loop is so that the RMA isn't rejected because of "damage" 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.