Deleting the cloud Archive automatically within 3 days

RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

Deleting the cloud Archive automatically within 3 days

Hi Team,

One of my customers has purchased the following cloud archive licenses LIC-MV-CA90-3Y:  for his cameras but wants the data on the cloud deleted within 3 days automatically due to data protection reasons. Could you please advice how it can be done in Dashboard? Is there a setting that he can change on it.

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How Does Cloud Archive Work?

• Once the Cloud Archive license is applied, the camera will start recording footage to the cloud for that 7, 30, 90, 180, or 365 days of 24/7 recording.
  • It will not upload or back up footage previously stored on the camera before the license was applied.
  • Copies of the video are stored on both the camera (not applicable to MV2) and the cloud. The on-camera recording does not change. 
  • Video files stored in the cloud are always continuous, 24/7 footage.
  • The dashboard prioritizes the camera over the cloud for video retrieval (unless the camera is unreachable by the cloud or the timestamp of the requested video file is older than what is supported).
  • If the camera goes offline, it will still record footage as long as it has power, but the cloud will not back up this footage until it regains a connection to the WAN.
  • Only one Cloud Archive license can be attached to a camera. Cloud Archive licenses cannot be combined or stacked.

MV Cloud Archive - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

In other words, it's not possible.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think what's required here is to NOT use Cloud Achive.  Unless you're using MV2 all the camera models will store > 3 days with the onboard storage, at full image quality & with motion-based retention disabled.   For locally stored footage you can then set a Maximum retention limit, including to 3 days

See 'Setting a maximum retention time' here:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Initial_Configuration/Video_Retention

The main purpose of Cloud Archive is to ensure you always have xx days of footage available.  I'm not sure why anyone would order 90 days (when 7 is an option), then cut that down drastically...  (?)

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That was a good upsell.  🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.