Custom Recipients Motion Alerts for Different Cameras

Priesty
Building a reputation

Custom Recipients Motion Alerts for Different Cameras

Is it possible to enable motion alerts for different cameras to go different people? Eg. Camera 1 motion alerts goto Joe Blow and camera 2 motion alerts goto Steve Smithers

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I don't see any obvious way to do this. I feel though that this should be a feature, so if you submit a wish and tell them that might wake someone up.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the alerts might be tied to the settings where you can setup camera privileges?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Other_Topics/Restricting_Access_to_Cameras

So if you have access to view camera 1 and not camera 2, setup motion alerts for both, and the email recipient, and see if you get alerts for both or only camera 1. I would imagine your going to get alerts for both.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I don't know the answer.

What about if you put the cameras into different networks?

Priesty
Building a reputation

Yeah looks like the only way to do at the moment would be the separate out the networks. This could introduce obvious administration overheads. Thanks

Hi,

Just send all the Alerts to one single E-mail Adress and in the Mail Server or Client you can do a a rule sending the Mail to a other recipients: The Mail's coming from the Meraki looks like this:

**************************************************************************************************

Organization: Netcloud Mobile Koffer
Network: Kamera Test
Motion detected for 'Grosser Teppich Hauptraum' at 07:09 PM CET on Nov 1
View here 

- Cisco Meraki 

This email was automatically generated; please do not reply.
You can change the alert delivery settings for this network. 

***************************************************************************************************

You can now make a rule by searching for the Name of the Camera in my Case  'Grosser Teppich Hauptraum' and then sending it to the right Person.

Thats the way I do it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.