Camera access limiting

Ryan11
New here

Camera access limiting

Can you think of a way to create a live view only account that is only allowed access from inside our network? We have a third party security company and don't want the user to be able to access cameras from outside.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I know you can restrict the IP that can access to dashboard under Organization > Settings > Security > Login IP ranges, but it's for the entire organization.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Video streaming from outside the network would use cloud proxy which runs on TCP port 30001. So, you could block that and it would prevent viewing unless the viewer was on the internal network (or VPN with access to the cameras).

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would have to use SAML authentication and apply a restriction on what machines are allowed to access the Meraki Dashboard.

@alemabrahao's suggestion is good, but it will limit all Dashboard and API access.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Organization_Menu... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.