Camera Live View Not Working on Android Meraki App

kctrey
Just browsing

Camera Live View Not Working on Android Meraki App

I just installed an MV71, but the Live View in the Meraki app on Android is not working. I am able to see the video, direct and through the cloud, from Dashboard, but the app shows the following, both when I am on the LAN and when I am not. Viewing the feed through Dashboard on the same device (via Chrome) works fine. This is the only MV on my network.

Screenshot_20181204-110602_Meraki.jpg

Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P)

Android Version: 8.0.0

Meraki App Version: 2.3.10

4 REPLIES 4
Ben
A model citizen

Sometimes it can take a while, I noticed that sometimes the stream comes through when switching from Wireless to LTE or the other way arround.. 

These days I mostly operate the Meraki Dashboard from Google Chrome on my phone due to the 6inch screen my phone has now. 😃 

Cheers,

Bne

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Checking back on this @kctrey because I noticed an occasional hiccup like that on the mobile app, but overall it's been fine.  Still having an issue?  If so, have you bounced it off Meraki Support?  

It has still never worked on the mobile app for me. I have reinstalled the app, cleared caches, signed out/in and everything I can think of. I haven't bothered to open a ticket on it, because, as far as I can tell, I am the only one with this problem, and it probably has something to do with my Samsung device. I view the cam on Chrome on the device and it works fine.

Right, definitely a few variables in the mix, and it sounds like you have already tried all the obvious things like reinstall, clear cache, etc. I have a Samsung myself, Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V) phone running 8.0.0 and I'm able to use the mobile app to view live video on multiple models of MV cameras. Go ahead and open a support case, might turn out you're not the only one and they might have a good suggestion to try.

In the meantime, do you have any other mobile devices (or even temporarily try one from a friend or family member) just to confirm you can see it from other devices using the mobile app?
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.