Brand new MV72 not showing image + FIX

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Brand new MV72 not showing image + FIX

Heres the back story, I purchased a few MV72's to replace some exisiting cameras on site, security installer was working through them and all was going well until one camera wouldn't display an image, all I would get was static or a white screen.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 8.50.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 8.50.11 AM.png

I played with the image quality, zoom & focus as well as restarting the camera and cycling POE to no avail.

Then came the fix which was simply adjusting the aperture settings kicked it into life. What I suspect happened was at the factory the aperture was set to something outside of the standard range and me adjusting the setting bought it back into range.

So hopefully this helps anyone else out if you come across the same issue. 

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Fairly common issue and one we have noted HERE

The issue wasn't the image was to dark or bright it was just static, I suspect when it was assembled and tested the aperture was set to something outside of its normal range. 

When this happens, you can adjust the aperture settings under video settings in the dashboard and then run auto focus for the entire frame.  This usually fixes it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.