Any way to access footage beyond retention? I can see thumbnails in timeline.

Solved
EJN
A model citizen

Any way to access footage beyond retention? I can see thumbnails in timeline.

I need to access video outside the retention window. I cannot go to the video, but if I hover over the timeline, I can see a thumbnail in the motion timeline (yellow bars). Any way to access these?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you do a motion search for that time period does it return the thumbnail results? If so, you should be able to download the screenshot. I just did that for one of my MVs and motion events back from June. The video is no longer available as expected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If the video has already purged from the camera and you're not using Cloud Archive then it's no longer available

EJN
A model citizen

Understood and agreed. However, where are the timeline thumbnails coming from? Any way to access those?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you do a motion search for that time period does it return the thumbnail results? If so, you should be able to download the screenshot. I just did that for one of my MVs and motion events back from June. The video is no longer available as expected.

EJN
A model citizen

That worked. Amazing. Exactly what I needed. I wonder if this is a "feature" that should be advertised and how far back you can go. 

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.