Setup MT30 trigger to turn MV audio off?

AlexGregoire
Here to help

Setup MT30 trigger to turn MV audio off?

Before we get into the weeds - yes, using the MT trigger to power off the camera's switchport is perfectly adequate. But it's not preferred.

Is there a way to set up the MT30 trigger to only turn the camera audio to off or on through a webhook or API? It's obviously not in the other small set of preset automations. I've never set up a webhook, but skimming the first grafs give me the impression that i could set up the button to send out a web message to a web server, then . . ? And, no I'm not set up to develop an API.

1 Reply 1
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@AlexGregoire there is an API endpoints for toggling Camera audio https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/update-device-camera-quality-and-retention/

As for getting a MT30 to do it you'd need some middleware that can take in for example a webook sent by the MT30 and then make an API call. 

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.