Sensors going offline

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sensors going offline

We have had a number of incidents of sensors stopping talking to the cloud.  Most are connected by MRs and at the moment they are all good, however one MT14 that we have connecting via an MV12WE keeps dropping off after a week or so of being connected.  We've been through MV 4 and MV 5 firmwares are MT1.4 and 1.4.1 with the same results.  Rebooting the the MV always brings the MT14 back online.

What I would like is the ability to receive an alert if an MT is offline for a while, in the same way as we can for other Meraki devices.  Does anyone else think this would be useful?

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

10 Replies 10
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Like this?

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 20.59.18.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Ryan_Miles I was looking in the network alerts section where all the other offline alerts are set... 👍

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I went round our networks and I'd even set the alerts at one site and then must have forgotten about it!

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As for why your sensor is going offline, not sure. I'd say open a Support case.

I have 31 MTs here. Four are MT14s (all on USB power) with 3 MRs and 15 MVs. I never have sensor issues. But, I also have a lot of gateway redundancy vs a single camera like you have.

What is the distance between the MV and MT?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Ryan_Miles, the MV and MT are about 1m apart.  The MV is primarily there for the MT, we just happened to have one spare...  The room does get wireless coverage, but it is a different Meraki network so doesn't add anything.

henrikdonvig
Conversationalist

Hello,

I have a MT10 that keeps going offline, can't figure out what to do ?

Any help are welcome 🙂

MT10 => MR32

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmwares are you running on both devices and what signal strength of the MR does the MT see?

henrikdonvig
Conversationalist

MT10 = 1.4
MR32 = 26.8.3
-79 dBm
It is not connecting to the nearest AP ?

Thank you,

I have switched AP to MR42 and so far so good

Thx 🐵

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.