MT11 Sensor probe alternative ?

Solved
Thygesen
Building a reputation

MT11 Sensor probe alternative ?

Hi All !!

I know this is a sensitive subject..

But if I were (for some reason) to measure something OUTSIDE the limits of the probe(s) orderable with the MT11 (ie high temperatures or the like), is there a way to get specs to get a custom built sensor manufactored, that fits to the MT11 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Ok, i understand.  Making your own would not be recommended and I would advise reaching out to your Cisco Account team and/or Cisco Meraki team to talk about this as a Feature Request so we can track the use case and develop this kind of solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Larry_Woods
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Do you mind elaborating on your use case or problem you are trying to solve for?

Thygesen
Building a reputation

Hi Larry ..

Challenge: The probes only allows +55 Celcius as max ..

Situation: If ie we were to monitor outlet from heating systems, boilers etc. reaching temperatures way over the limits of the provided probes ..

And it would be a shame not to use these MT's since we deploy wall2wall Meraki ..

Ok, i understand.  Making your own would not be recommended and I would advise reaching out to your Cisco Account team and/or Cisco Meraki team to talk about this as a Feature Request so we can track the use case and develop this kind of solution.

BV-Sensing
Here to help

We have a use case for monitoring refrigerators for healthcare vertical market, temperature range from +5°C to -180°C
We are using MT11 with glycol sensor up to -40°C

PT100 is a normalised temperature probe that measure temperature from from -200 to 800°C
Devices you want to measure the temperature from, have slots where you can insert the PT100 probe

Some vendor have modular sensors where you can plug in the PT100 probe
Or have integrated sensors with PT100

Maybe a MT11(1) with a PT100 probe can be a solution ?

Thygesen
Building a reputation

💪That was a good tip!
Especially if the PT100 probe reports in the same format as the sensor for MT11 and maybe even with the same physical interface ?

Have You tested it (even though our friends here from Meraki does not recommend it) ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.