Sensor License

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sensor License

I have a MT sensor using one of the free licenses ( I forgot about them and have been buying licenses this entire time).

Anyway I have one device that I have assigned a free license to however the dashboard reports that this device is unlicensed on the overview page but when I click on the device adding a license is greyed out and if I have the device list for the Org it shows its licensed.....

Screenshot from devices page

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 4.16.36 PM.png

Screenshot from licensing page

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 4.19.45 PM.png

4 Replies 4
Lurick
Getting noticed

I've noticed the same for two of my sensors as well for a while now, nothing has happened but it's kind of annoying at least.

It sure is because my monitoring software which has a Meraki license sensor setup via the API is reporting an issue because of it. 

If Meraki deem this as normal behaviour I might just purchase a license. But it would be a shame to offer 5 free licenses yet they behave differently than an purchased license. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have opened a support ticket so I will update once I know more.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Update from Meraki support.

Hi Blake,

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support!

I can confirm that this is unexpected behavior that our development team is currently investigating further in regard to the 5 free MT licenses in PDL organizations not showing as properly assigned in the Overview/Devices tabs.

At this time, there is no ETA on when this will be resolved, but I will continue to monitor the progress and provide you with an update as soon as I have more information.

I will update again once there has been a resolution. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.