Meraki Sensors not visible for anyone other than organization admin

AnM
Comes here often

Meraki Sensors not visible for anyone other than organization admin

Hello,

so recently i've been informed that Meraki Sensors (in that case MT10) are not visible for administrators that have access to certain networks (which was granted by adding a tag). There is no problem with visibility for organization admins (both read only or full). The problem persist on other browser, also clearing cache didn't solve the problem. 

Best regards

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure.  Try creating a sensor role by tag here:

PhilipDAth_0-1725880344990.png

Then assign that profile to a user here:

PhilipDAth_1-1725880368916.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Advanced_Configuration/Restricting_Access_to_Cameras

Hi Philip,

If they are using SAML login, it could be related to a known issue on our side, as far as I can see.

@AnM  can you please confirm if you are using SAML login for the users to login to the dashbaord ? 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
AnM
Comes here often

Hi. I don't use SAML to login. 

SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi AnM,

Thanks for confirming. Did you try to add a new user or remove and re-add an existing user? Would the user have the same issue?

are they getting any error messages when trying to View the sensors list? 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
AnM
Comes here often

Re-adding an existing user didn't solve it - still the same. There is no error message, user just don't see any sensors.

SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi AnM,

Thanks for trying that, I know that we have a known issue on our side where SAML sensor user roles for all networks and all sensors can't see the sensor list, as far as I know that should not affect normal dashboard users, you also mentioned that you are not using SAML.

I would suggest logging a case with our support team to look deeper into this for you.

- Please include the name and Email address of the affected users in the case.

- Also,please uplod the HAR capture file when one of the users is trying to view the sensors list.

Please take a look at this article for your reference on how to get the HAR capture.

BR

AnM
Comes here often

AnM_0-1725953729811.png

I do have something like that already. It was working before, but it stopped at some point. Network access here points to certain tag of network. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.