MT30 - Disable SSID - Affects all sites linked to template??

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

MT30 - Disable SSID - Affects all sites linked to template??

We've just setup our first MT30 sensor to enable a site to toggle specific SSIDs on/off, and it does toggle the SSIDs....The issue is this site and it's SSIDs are linked to a Network template, and the toggling is performed at the template level, not at the Network SSID level.

Apart from configuring duplicate SSIDs at the local site, is there a fix/workaround for this?

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wow, that is an interesting one!  I think you'll be having to do a duplicate SSID.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no other option, any changed configuration will affect all networks in the template.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

Thanks for the quick response...I've created additional SSIDs and linked the sensor button to these networks....My issue is that the names of the networks can't be the same as the originals as they are creted at the template level....Maybe I'll feedback asking for the toggle function to have the ability to disable/enable at the template or network level. 🙂

Christophebe
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

on the network concerned, you need to create a new RF profile. You'll then have the 2 profiles generated by the template + the one you've just created. You associate your MR with this new profile (which you can configure as you wish, independent of the other networks and the template).
and all you have to do is enable/disable the radio on the profile ID of the profile you've created (no impact on other sites)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.