MT20 & MV12 integration

Solved
Stangr
Conversationalist

MT20 & MV12 integration

Our current environmental solution allows a camera snapshot on the door open event to be sent.

Can a similar event be set up in the Dashboard?

1 Accepted Solution
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I believe you’re going to have to use APIs. I haven’t seen it to be sure, but that’s what the indications are. Polling or webhooks to detect an event using the API, then use the API to snapshot the camera. MQTT may also be an option. We’re still waiting on the API docs to be released.

I can’t see this being included as a ‘standard’ Dashboard function (but happy to be wrong).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Stangr
Conversationalist

My question was how does one go about triggering a camera off a door sensor event?

Can this be done through the Dashboard or is another method required?

Thanks!

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I believe you’re going to have to use APIs. I haven’t seen it to be sure, but that’s what the indications are. Polling or webhooks to detect an event using the API, then use the API to snapshot the camera. MQTT may also be an option. We’re still waiting on the API docs to be released.

I can’t see this being included as a ‘standard’ Dashboard function (but happy to be wrong).

Stangr
Conversationalist

Thanks for the reply!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.