MT10 and MT20 sensor shows bad status after firmware update to 1.4

MSchwark
Here to help

MT10 and MT20 sensor shows bad status after firmware update to 1.4

We recently updated the firmware on our MT10 and MT20 sensors to 1.4 and now show a bad status for each. They appear to be reporting in and alerting. Troubleshooting procedures have not helped in determining the issue.  Has anyone seen this or have a troubleshooting suggestion?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MSchwark we have five MT10s that have all been upgraded to 1.4 without issue.  What are you using to connect them and what version is running there?

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Updated some MT10 to 1.4 as well and don´t have any problems.

MSchwark
Here to help

Thank you. We also updated our wireless firmware during that same maintenance period.  I have opened a case with Meraki.  We are new to the sensors and oddly the sensor gateways are not devices that are nearest to the sensors.  I also don't see a way to manually set the gateway device.  They both are connected to MR33 on version MR 28.6.  We have the firmware update scheduled for MR 28.6.1 this weekend.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We also found that they don't pick the closest MR.  As you are connecting via MRs, are you running 28.6?  We found that much better than prior releases for MT connectivity. 

firmware updates were completed over the weekend to 28.6.1. with no resolution in the senor issue.   The three sensors that I have appear to come up for a while and then no longer report to the dashboard.  I have also pulled the batteries, factory reset them, and removed and added them back to the network.  Same issue.  Still working on it and I have opened a case.  Meraki is slow to work on this through the case so I will probably have to call them.

MSchwark
Here to help

This has been escalated to engineers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.