MT10 Sensor Data - Scheduled data reports sent via email??

chrisz
Here to help

MT10 Sensor Data - Scheduled data reports sent via email??

I have a couple MT10 Sensors and we need to keep archival data from the sensors. Right now what I see is the only way to save the data would be to sign into the dashboard once a month and manually download that data as a CSV or XLSX file.

Is there anyway to set up a schedule with an automate task that could send the data file or a report on a monthly basis to an email address??

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can schedule the Summary report.

alemabrahao_0-1719947789098.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you, I just went through the Summary Report and it doesn't look like you can include the Sensor data. I could not find a way to show sensor data.

Correct, MT data isn't listed on the summary report. The sensors have their own reports page however A: it doesn't draw properly and B: you cannot schedule reports from it. 

IMO the reporting side of things from the Meraki dashboard could do with improvement. I cannot see anyway of getting sensor information out of the dashboard as it looks like SNMP & Syslog don't support MT data and I cannot find anything on the API but I only had a quick search on it. 

Thanks for looking into this.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Using the API is about the only way today other than per sensor in the UI as you mentioned.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-network-sensor-alerts-current-overview-by-metric/

I've tinkered around on this in the past and used the google sheet add on to collect the sensor data then have it charted in sheets to make nicer historical graphs. 

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/build/meraki-dashboard-reports-with-google-sheets/

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.