MT Sensors usage without Camera/WiFi - only Bluetooth (can WiFi be deactivated ?)

olvogel
Conversationalist

MT Sensors usage without Camera/WiFi - only Bluetooth (can WiFi be deactivated ?)

Would be highly interested to use the Meraki MT Sensors in our Environment,

but we dont want to have Cameras or WiFi.

Is it possible to use the WiFi Access Points only as Bluetooth AccessPoints by disabling the WiFi functionality ?

I know it`s not a nice way, but as the MTs do not have any other connection possibility.

Someone has knowledge/experience in using the WiFi Access Points only as Bluetooth LowEnergy Access Point ?

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What a waste of resources... 😉

But yes, I just disabled my cameras and disabled all SSIDs and the MT20 sensor still reports open/closed events.

olvogel
Conversationalist

Thanks Karstenl for your reply - yeah, you`re right - not really a "green" solution.

Would also prefer the Meraki-Team implementing a simple Ethernet-Port to the MT-series.... but why simple, when you can make it complicated 😉

Wired connection - simple?    Really...?   Also:  think about battery consumption - BLE was chosen for a reason

olvogel
Conversationalist

At least 4 out of 6 MT-sensors have the option for external Power-Supply - so yes, it could be even a simple alternative.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd prefer a dedicated MT gateway over ethernet on the sensors. Pulling cables to the doors can't be the solution ... 😉

olvogel
Conversationalist

🤔... totally agree to you - a separate MT gateway would be the best option - forget the oldschool Ethernet 🙈

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sorted.

PhilipDAth_0-1695848416566.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.