Download Sensor Summary has time in UTC

Dunky
A model citizen

Download Sensor Summary has time in UTC

Is it possible to get the download to convert the times to local time?

When I download readings for the month from an MT11, it is confusing as each row in the xlsx shows UTC time rather than local time.

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

One approach would be add a column and use a formula like =B2- (7/24). In this example it changes the time to my local timezone which is UTC -7. When the result causes a date change it appears it would need some additional formula work to get it functioning.

I could do every time I download the xlsx to email to the users (cos its not possible for give a user r/o access to just the Sensors), but i would have to do this every time for every Sensor.

It just seems madness that the downloaded data doesn't show the local time of the network in which the sensor sits) - or even give u the option of local timezone or UTC.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Lets say two different people in two different timezones both download the same data.  How would it determine which timezone to apply?

Surely the time should be derived from the timezone of the network in which the sensor resides.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.