Copying an alert profile used for MT10 and MT40 sensors to other networks.

bdumas
Just browsing

Copying an alert profile used for MT10 and MT40 sensors to other networks.

I would like to know if it is indeed possible to bulk assign alert profiles across multiple networks inside of a single organization? I know there is no support for the MT10/MT40 devices inside the templates, which is disappointing, because we are currently in the process of converting 100+ locations to Meraki switches, APs, and sensors. 

1 Reply 1
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think your best option is using the API to create the alert profile(s) for Networks across an Org.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/create-network-sensor-alerts-profile/

Or, and this one really depends what already exists, but you can clone unbound Networks which would copy any Sensor Alert Profiles in them. Then you can bind the cloned Network to a template and the Alert Profiles are retained. You'd still need to associate the Alert Profiles with the Network specific Sensors.

If all these Networks are already created and bound to the template I think it goes back to API being the only mass create option.

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.