vMX100 Azure VPN

DTheMan
Here to help

vMX100 Azure VPN

Hello Everyone,

I am new to vMX100 and Azure. I have sucessfully configured vMX100 in Azure and configured Client VPN setup. I am able to connect to VPN but I am unable to ping any Azure vnets/servers. Can anyone point me to the right direction to resolve the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
JHO
Here to help

Under site to site VPN on the Azure vMX, did you add the routes you want advertised?  Did you add a route in your Azure gateway for your remote subnets to be pointed to the virtual appliances IP - i.e. next hop?

MarcG
New here

Did you configure the Azure Route table ?

you will need to configure this and associate this to your subnet. 

in the route creation:

subnet needs to be the one of your local network and next hop the wan local ip of the vMx

I was able to resolve the problem after peering the two vnets and checking allow forwarded traffic.
johnn2244
New here

I know this is a late response to this thread, but figured I'd ask.

How were you able to create a client VPN to the vMX100? I've had some issues getting that to work with Windows client. I have a mesh site-to-site up and running just fine, but cannot do a client VPN nor a (Non-meraki) site-to-site. I manage several customers, but this one is the only one with a vmx100 in Azure. I am pretty fluent in setting up client VPNs to MX100s and MX84s. Any recommendations or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels