update License to co-termination

Solved
Abechara
Here to help

update License to co-termination

is it possible to update my PDL Meraki License to co-termination ? 

1 Accepted Solution
pdeleuw
Getting noticed

Migrating from co-termination to PDL is no upgrade and no downgrade. It is a change. More precise: It is a one-way change. You cannot change back from PDL to co-termination. This is a known limitation, it is well documented. The migration tool in the dashboard warns you about this, too. Even the support cannot change back. You have to create a new organization, you have to buy new licenses. Cloning an organzation is not possible, the cloned organization will have the same license model as the original org.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, NOTE: Once a customer converts to per-device licensing, they cannot convert back to co-termination licensing model.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello, the first knowledge box of this KB article states that it is not possible to switch back to co term once on per device licensing model.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

Knowledge is power
pdeleuw
Getting noticed

Migrating from co-termination to PDL is no upgrade and no downgrade. It is a change. More precise: It is a one-way change. You cannot change back from PDL to co-termination. This is a known limitation, it is well documented. The migration tool in the dashboard warns you about this, too. Even the support cannot change back. You have to create a new organization, you have to buy new licenses. Cloning an organzation is not possible, the cloned organization will have the same license model as the original org.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels