switch old cisco L3 switch with a meraki MS-250 L3

JJ972
Just browsing

switch old cisco L3 switch with a meraki MS-250 L3

I have removed the old cisco L3 core switch to my network and replace it with a L3 Meraki MS250 Poe switch.

I have noticed I cannot ping the internet anymore and cannot ping other company devices in the Enterprise Cloud.

Any idea?

network.JPG

4 Replies 4
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Quite a bit more info would be needed to help with this.   Did you create routing interfaces on the L£ stack into each of the VLANs, under Switching > Configure > Routing & DHCP?

Given that Support are likley to have visibility of your Dashboard (for all this kind of stuff) - you might be better raising a case with them.

It seems you may have two possible paths to the Internet - one via the MX100, one via Velocloud device.   How do you plan to use that?   Dynamic resilience might be a particular challenge, I think...

Hi GreenMan,

Yes  routing interface has been set 

JJ972_0-1719587648359.png

for the two paths question, it is working like that on the old cisco L3.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

OK - assuming Meraki MS switches work the same as old Cisco L3 might be an issue.  What mechanism(s) were they using to handle the two available paths?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you copied across any static routes to the Merki L3 stack?

Was the old Cisco core switch running any dynamic routing protocols?

Going sideways - do you have any high bandwidth servers internally or is everything you access external?  If most things are external, you could move all layer 3 processing to the MX100 to try and simplify things.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels